🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Publisher or Shareware?

Started by
8 comments, last by AdmiralBinary 21 years, 12 months ago
I know getting a publisher is probably a bit too much to hope for, but I can dream...can''t I? Anyway, we have nearly finished Stick Soldiers 2, and we need to decide how we''re gonna distribute it. I''ve tried XGames3D - twice - and haven''t heard back from them after 2 months. As that''s the only publisher I know of, I''m a bit stuck at the moment. Can anyone recommend any publishers or shareware sites that we could try? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Go out with me you will." - Young Yoda''s favourite pickup line - didn''t work when I tried it though... --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advertisement
can''t you just sell it directly from your own website? you''d get 100% of the profit that way and all you''d have to do is advertise.
exactly. all you need to do is to put the shareware version of your game in your website, and just fill out registration forms in popular download sites such as download.com or zdnet.com, then advertise. You may want to use other services to process the payment.

My compiler generates one error message: "Doesn't compile."
-Albert Tedja-

damn, can somebody delete the post below me? I forgot to fill out the password field, and accidentaly clicked on OK button.

[edited by - nicho_tedja on July 5, 2002 3:09:48 AM]
My compiler generates one error message: "does not compile."
exactly. all you need to do is to put the shareware version of your game in your website, and just fill out registration forms in popular download sites such as download.com or zdnet.com, then advertise. You may want to use other services to process the payment.
quote: exactly. all you need to do is to put the shareware version of your game in your website, and just fill out registration forms in popular download sites such as download.com or zdnet.com, then advertise.

Yep, that''s what we did with SS1...
quote: You may want to use other services to process the payment.

...this is what I''m asking about Are there any in particular that you would recommend?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Go out with me you will." - Young Yoda''s favourite pickup line - didn''t work when I tried it though...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can recommend www.regsoft.com I have used them for 3 years without any difficulty. They take $3 or 10% as a commision

http://www.positech.co.uk

Greetings,

I am in a similar boat... I did some research, swreg allows you to be paid through paypal at no charge... Paypal has a flat rate for transfering money to Australian banks, just a few dollars.

But as I say I''m not using this method yet, may just be easier to get the money straight from the shareware distributer.

I kind of like the paypal option though, it''s allows you to only transfer money when there is enough to make the transfer fee negligable...

Jai Shaw
--------------------------Dreamstars 3: A space combat game with depth?!http://dreamstars.jaishaw.com
I can recommend ''shareit.com''. They do a similar service to regnow.com.

And if you''re looking for publishers you could give dexterity.com a try.

Good luck!

Will
Thanx for the replies guys I''m giving dexterity.com a try now...

"Go out with me you will." - Young Yoda''s favourite pickup line - didn''t work when I tried it though...
check out the forum faq
-eat me!-but i''m not a cannibal!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement