🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Starting my development company

Started by
5 comments, last by Exellon 21 years, 11 months ago
Hello all, I have been trying to find good information on the subject for a few months now and I decided that it might be nice to get feedback from the game development community. I am trying to start a virtual game development LLC and I''m stuck as to how to find things such as a small amount of money to start up and how to go about writing my business plan, etc. I am not writing this post to ask you about those things. I''m writing to ask people like me who are trying to start their own game development company or already have how they''re doing, any advice they might want to give to me, etc. Thank you in advance for any feedback you can give me.
Advertisement
For the business side of things, check out SCORE (www.score.org). They are a resource partner for the Small Business Administration. They offer free email counseling regarding your business questions and they may have workshops in your area for you to attend. One of them in my area spends a day on writing a business plan.
Thanks
I just recently setup an LLC myself, went to an attorney and sat down and talked with him about it, got it all squared away. Ended up costing me a little under $500 for getting the LLC. Established with me as the owner and some contracts sent out to the programmer and musician to receive royalities. Although I believe LLC. fees differ from state to state. Really not too bad of an experience.

- Dustin Hubbard
Owner of Spooky Tornado Studio LLC.
www.spookytornado.com

Dustin Hubbard
It is a very slow process you need to get a very good team together and go from there I think.
www.jiblife.info
It is a very slow process you need to get a very good team together and go from there I think.
www.jiblife.info
www.jiblife.info

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement