🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How to get Beta Test Feedback

Started by
9 comments, last by garraeth 21 years, 11 months ago
Hello again. I thought I''d give you all some feedback.

I took some of your advice and decided to start writing a weekly newsletter. (As a side note, it''s really hard to come up with subject matter for that.)

Anyhow, I''ve sent the newsletter out the past two weeks. My site visits have jumped from an average of about 2500 visits a month in the last four months, to 4400 visits in July. That''s cool and all, but I still haven''t gotten any beta feedback. bleh.

Monday, I''m going to try something different. Consider this: I''ll release the next version. It''s not going to be "beta" per-se. I think I''ll call it "Pre-Release" and charge a couple bucks (a fraction of the regular selling price) for people to download it. People who purchase this version will get tech support and all updates for free until the final release (they''ll get the final release, but not version 2).

Do you think this will weed out all the flakey people? Or do you think it''ll just kill all interest altogether? I''ll let you know what happens.

Thanks.
--Dean Higginbotham
garraeth@yahoo.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement