🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

eMbedded Visual Tools - free ?

Started by
3 comments, last by Lone__Wolf 21 years, 11 months ago
Hello, everyone. I''m new to game development and interested about setting up a PDA game studio. I heard that Ms eMbedded Visual Tools is free. Does it mean I can own a copy, develop commercial PDA games using it for free ?
Advertisement
Why not poke around the Microsoft site and see for yoursef?
Thanks for your suggestion. It would be great if anyone can tell me the answer instead of going through the ms site by myself. It''s not easy to find out the issue of business licence of eMbedded Visual Tools.
I believe you can get the embedded tools at the microsoft site. They also have a package called... oh man now i forgot what it''s called.. but it''s basically like directDraw for the pocket pc. (VERY trimmed down) but still useful. There''s also a number of cool libraries built on top of that that are more fully featured. I know Jacco Bikker has written a nice little Game API for the pocket pc that alot of people are using.
http://overloaded.pocketmatrix.com/ this is the game api developed by Jacco Bikker

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement