🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Independent Consultants or Employees

Started by
1 comment, last by Kent Bengtsson 24 years, 3 months ago
Hi, I have spent alot of time on thinking on how to build a Virutal company and there is a question that needs an outside oppinion. Shall I choose to hire Independent Consultants or shall I go for Employees? Both have a good side an a bad side, but what do u think? Regards Kent Bengtsson
Regards

Kent Bengtsson
bengtsson.home@telia.com

Advertisement
It''s important that you have people who believe in your project. Employees are better for that. If you have discrete tasks that need to be done and know enough about what needs to be done, then independent people are good if they''ve produced either exactly what you wanted or something very similar

ZoomBoy
A 2D RPG with skills, weapons, and adventure.
See my character editor, Tile editor and diary at
Check out my web-site
If you''re virtual company that has workers outside your nation, it''s tons easier in so many ways to treat them as independent contractors. It''s also easier to prove that they are contractors rather than employees that are just being paid as contractors. I don''t know about Sweden, but the US Internal Revenue Service is very picky about that kind of thing.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement