🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New York area game companies

Started by
1 comment, last by ByteMe95 21 years, 11 months ago
Hey. I''d like to get into the business but don''t want to make the trek to California for a game development position. Does anyone know where I can fidn a list of game companies in the new york city area? I''ve tried google and have found very few, the more the better. Thanks ByteMe95::~ByteMe95() My S(h)ite
ByteMe95::~ByteMe95()My S(h)ite
Advertisement
I don''t think there are too many in the whole state of New York, let alone just in New York City. At least not official companies. I operate Game Thoughts out of Rochester, NY. A friend of mine owns Ambrosia Software here in Rochester as well. I''m not hiring at the moment, but I am looking for independent developers, so if you have something you think you might want to show off, fire me an email. (Not the project, just a letter of interest email)

I''m not sure where there would be a central directory of official gaming companies in New York State though. If anyone knows where there is one, speak up. I''d like to put our name in there and see who else is located in NY.

Looking for an honest video game publisher? Visit www.gamethoughts.com
Shameless plug: Game Thoughts
look up your local IGDA chapter, if they are resonably sized they likely have a list of all the game developers in your area.

IGDA = International Game Developers Association

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement