🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Was Sacrifice a failure?

Started by
1 comment, last by ManaStone 21 years, 11 months ago
This was one of the best games that I had ever played, but last time I checked, they don't even sell it at Best Buy anymore, and they only sell it for $10 at the interplay website. Diablo II has been out longer and it still sells on Blizzard's website for $30. I just think Sacrifice was a really good game. It should be able to sell for more. [edited by - Manastone on August 1, 2002 1:13:21 AM] [edited by - Manastone on August 1, 2002 3:16:58 AM]
-----------------------------Download my real time 3D RPG.
Advertisement
Sacrifice was one of those games that was really well done but missed the marketing sweetspot for whatever reasons. At the time it was released there was probably something else that was the current favorite of the public eye. Perhapse the Publisher didn''t market it enough and get it in enough magazines, get good reviews etc. So no one bought it.

Sad really, its one of the reasons I dont want to develope games for retail in stores (via a publisher).
In a word, yes. It didn''t sell well, which is really too bad because it was an excellent game, and got fairly good reviews from the major rags (CGW, for example - which may soon go down the toilet, due to the impending bankruptcy of ZD) and most players I''ve talked to loved it.
Sqeek.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement