🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Releasing both RPG and Action/Adventure Games?

Started by
11 comments, last by redbrow 21 years, 10 months ago
I had a dream the other night that Maximo was released as an RPG and an Action/Adventure Game. When I woke up i thought to myself that would be a pretty cool idea but would have little sense to it. Besides apealing to a larger audience, would there be any other reasons why a game developing company might do that? Was there any game that was suppose to be like this?
Advertisement
Lots of games are RPG/action/adventure (action rpgs?)

Zelda for the N64 is exactly that.
Alotta of games follow that path...

Why? Why not

Ibuku
weaponstudios.com
Umm, What i mean was 2 different versions. Releasing a RPG version of a game that uses a battle system and another version where you attack freely like Maximo or Zelda 64.
Ah, Im not sure...never seen a game released as two version, doesnt make much sense.

Ibuku
weaponstudios.com
Ah, Im not sure...never seen a game released as two version, doesnt make much sense.

Ibuku
weaponstudios.com
No, I don''t know that it makes much sense either. Those are 2 completely different style, and each version would require completely different systems of balance and fine tuning. I''m not sure they would turn out much alike.

Ron Frazier
Kronos Software
www.kronos-software.com
Miko & Molly - Taking Puzzle Games to A Whole New Dimension
Ron FrazierKronos Softwarewww.kronos-software.comMiko & Molly - Taking Puzzle Games to A Whole New Dimension
Ya thats what I thought, it would basically be a waste of the developers time and money.
On gameboy Square released two versions of Final Fantasy. FF1 had their famous RPG style. Another version called FF Adventure was more action-oriented,similar to Zelda. I think both were released at the same time,at least in germany.
Karl - Blueskied Games | my german site: Gratis Spiele
...and why shouldn''t it make sense to release different games of a popular brand? There''s even a Super Mario RPG.
...and why shouldn''t it make sense to release different games of a popular brand? There''s even a Super Mario RPG.
Karl - Blueskied Games | my german site: Gratis Spiele

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement