🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Where ?

Started by
2 comments, last by ice_banana 21 years, 10 months ago
Hi ! I just want to ask if somebody here knows if there''s a game company based on Asia. I''ve been looking around and all I know is KOEI. Please help. Thanks.
Advertisement
Where in Asia ? It''s a fairly big place, with around 3 billion people living here...

Japan I''m sure you''ll find plenty of developers.. some you could look for would be NINTENDO, SQUARE, SONY or SEGA.

If you go outside of japan, it''s a bit thinner; there''s a big cluster of (mostly MMOG, wireless or online) games being developed in Korea, there''s a big cluster of cheap and cheerfull games developed in china, HK and Taiwan, and there''s a burgoning young games industry in India. Over in my part of the world (Singapore, asean), it''s still quite young, with a couple of developers up in Malaysia, Mathahari Studios in Indonesia, as well as Glass Egg in Vietnam. Here in singapore, there''s only a few, GIME Internation, Nexon Asia, a couple more..

Maybe if you were a bit more specific it would be a help ?

Odin
------------------------------ BOOMZAPTry our latest game, Jewels of Cleopatra
Sorry about the confusion and thanks for your reply.

Actually I''m working here in Singapore also and I''m really REALLY interested in hearing the names of those companies aside from GIME Internation and Nexon Asia.

THANKS !!!
http://www.igda.org/Forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=126

Odin
------------------------------ BOOMZAPTry our latest game, Jewels of Cleopatra

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement