🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

A few questions about distribution

Started by
11 comments, last by d000hg 21 years, 10 months ago
1)If I had a master CD, how easy+expensive is it to get copies burnt on proper CDs instead of me faffing with my CD-writer? 2)I''d like to put a key-gen app on the server, how do you make your site run a .exe file or whatever, and how would you make it run automatically once credit card details are verified? 3)How do you make a link to a file check the user is logged on as a known user before letting them download the file (so you acn''t just type the address of the file into the browser and skip this)? Thanks for any help, do you know any sites/books that talk about web-design with selling/downloading in mind? Read about my game, project #1 NEW (13th August): A new screenshot is up, plus diaries for week #3 John 3:16
Advertisement
If you produce 3.000 units you can get it a 75 Eurocents per unit. Cheaper even in Asia.
That''s very cheap - I was expecting £1000s unless you made like 10K copies. I would only be wanting 10s/100s of copies though until I knew how popular it was - how much does the price increase?

Read about my game, project #1
NEW (13th August): A new screenshot is up, plus diaries for week #3

John 3:16
Well, we never order lower quantities but I know price quotes for say 1000 units are 1.80 Euro or something per CD. Lower I honestly don''t know... Sorry.
Most companies set a minimum of 1000 copies, at about $1.70 per copy. There are however, some companies that will do 500x orders at about the same price. Anything less, you will be paying a couple bucks per CD.
--------------------Help Needed!Turn-based 20th century strategy wargameTitle still to be determined
To answer your other questions:

Work with an e-commerce solutions provider. They will supply all of the technology you need to do what you have requested. I have never worked with any of the companies mentioned in the Forum''s FAQ, but you can check them out. Feel free to e-mail me if you need more help.

Alexander McAndrew
--------------------Help Needed!Turn-based 20th century strategy wargameTitle still to be determined
Is that just for the cd? Do they include the box or the instruction manual?
-----------------------------Download my real time 3D RPG.
Is that just for the cd? Do they include the box or the instruction manual?
-----------------------------Download my real time 3D RPG.
That is just for the CD, jewel case, and a two sided inlay.
I cannot talk about Computer CDs, but my friend''s band made 500 Cds, w/lyirics for only $2.50 a cd.

That was locally. If its 10s, I''d just buy a nice CD Stamper and print your own CDs... It would be cheaper than a company...Plus the first release will always be buggy, so printing just what you need will save you money anyways, instead of 400 CDs that are totally worthless....

~~~~~Screaming Statue Software. | OpenGL FontLibWhy does Data talk to the computer? Surely he's Wi-Fi enabled... - phaseburn

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement