🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Question about Smugglers 2 install

Started by
4 comments, last by Pyabo 21 years, 10 months ago
Jester, a couple questions about Smugglers 2... a) What installer did you use for this? Is this InstallShield? Anyone know of any other free/cheap installers I should take a look at for my game? b) It asks me to reboot after install! Why would it do that? This always scares me... I reboot my machine as little as possible, since I run Win2K.
Advertisement
1) Yes it is InstallShield. I recommend a good installer, even if it costs you some bucks.

2) The reason why it restarts is that some customers started Smugglers 2 while having some I-don''t-know-what-but-something-bad running in the background and complained to me that it didn''t started. Since I let them restart, I never got this error report again...
Btw you don''t need to restart, the installer just "suggests" and asks whether it should do it for you.

Hope that helped.

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

inno setup is free and cool, and very small too, i think installshield bloats a bit, and im too tight to buy it!

http://www.positech.co.uk

I agree with cliffski. I''ve been using Inno Setup for the past year or so with really good results.

DavidRM
Samu Games
Inno Setup seems to have copied the look of InstallShield 1:1, which means it might be a real alternative. I''ll take a look at it myself (my InstallShield copy is fairly old - back from ''99).

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

Thanks, looking at Inno right now...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement