🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Project finance...

Started by
2 comments, last by Creative Talents 21 years, 10 months ago
I''m considering producing an educational title of the same standard of the Fun School and Adi series. I have the team (6 members), which includes graphic artists, designers, musician, coders and even someone with experience in psychology. I aim to have the team working on the project full time, which means that we will have to arrange sponsorship/financing for the project. We''ll be working closely with schools and children to produce what I''m confident will be a top class product. I estimate that we could have the product completed in 4 months. Any ideas of how much reasonable sponsorship could be? Any other ideas of how the project could be financed?
For your multimedia needs, visit http://www.darkrealms.creators.co.uk
Advertisement
I have only ever heard of one or two games that were sponsored. The only one I can recal was a football game sponsored by a beer company. If you did want to fund development through sponsorship you would have to be very careful about picking a sponsor as obviously brewers and tabaco companies are unlikely to be acceptable sponsors for educational titles.

Most projects are self funded, funded by a publisher or you go out and raise money from the bank/VCs.

Dan Marchant
Obscure Productions
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
I would assume s/he was just referring to an advance from a publisher or someone of that nature, to fund the project while it gets off its feet.
Well if you are talking about advances then, unless you have an industry track record, the amount you are going to get will be something in the region of zero (£ or $ will work out the same). Few publishers will work with unproven teams on and advance payment basis so you are more likely to have to self fund the project.

You may (just may) be able to get a publisher to fund you if you put together a really good presentation, including full design document, budget, team CVs and an impressive demo that shows what the finished product will do.

Dan Marchant
Obscure Productions
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement