🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

When to hunt 4 a Publisher??

Started by
11 comments, last by NTense 21 years, 9 months ago
Ok, I take back my plug for SHAREIT, vendor service is shocking. I am trying regsoft and Ill let you know how that goes.

TENZERO
SOFTWARE

TRY OUT
URL History, ediitng the IE address bar
has never been this easy!

TENZERO SOFTWARE

TRY OUT URL History, ediitng the IE address bar has never been this easy!

Advertisement
Yeah I know its obvious you''ll sell way more copies with a publisher, but:
If I sell at $10 for example and keep 80% when selling myself, I make $8 per sale.
With a publisher who gives me say 10%, thats $1 per sale. So I need to know I''d get like 10X the sales. Getting an advance would be very handy though (I only need a few £100 for a new version of windows, non-trial edition of MSVC++ etc)

WRT tech support, I don''t want to do this really. You may enjoy it at first but if your game is actually successful and you have 10 calls a day, you can''t cope with doing other stuff easily.

Read about my game, project #1
NEW (13th August): A new screenshot is up, plus diaries for week #3

John 3:16
Check this out. It''ll give you a rough figure of what kinda money you can expect, depending on a few variables.

"If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." - Albert Einstein

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement