🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Credit Card Companies / Software Dealers

Started by
7 comments, last by GroZZleR 21 years, 10 months ago
Hey all, What sites / companies can you recommend to handle payment and give out products? I've heard of RegNow.com, but thats the only one I know off-hand. Also, do any of these sites allow you to integrate their payment collection with your site? So users aren't redirected to another site and lost? [edited by - GroZZleR on September 5, 2002 4:34:16 PM]
Advertisement
Hi Grozzeler,

Try Shareit at http://www.shareit.com
They allow you to customise the payment page to look like your site.

An on-site e-commerce solution will be very costly, $100''s of not $1000''s a month. You need to offer security, buy certificates etc..
TENZERO SOFTWARE

TRY OUT URL History, ediitng the IE address bar has never been this easy!

I''ve been using Regsoft.net just recently, and I''ve found them to be quite suitable. The only major gripe I have, is they take a $3 minimum charge for products under $30. It''s quite a bit if your product sells at $10.

On the other hand, they list you on www.hotdownloads.com, provide all sorts of reports and additional features. I asked a fake tech support question when I signed up, and received an anwser within 24 hours.

They hold the money for 30 days, but they also handle credit card charge backs and other problems at their cost.

Michael Sikora

www.GuardianLightStudios.com

$3 sure is a large sum. I wonder if there are any alternatives.
Of course, that is what Google is for, but I am not all that curious right now.
-------------------------GBGames' Blog: An Indie Game Developer's Somewhat Interesting ThoughtsStaff Reviewer for Game Tunnel
A good overview of this in the FAQ.

DavidRM
Samu Games

[edited by - DavidRM on September 5, 2002 6:47:32 PM]
DigitalCandle seems pretty cool, does anyone use them? What''s your site, so I can see what it looks like when trying to purchase?

Read about my game, project #1
NEW (13th August): A new screenshot is up, plus diaries for week #3

John 3:16
http://www.swreg.org/

I never used it, but it seems to be the cheapest of them all. This is what I plan to use once I have a game ready .

John
Just remember that you get what you pay for. RegNow may be the most expensive at 20% but they provide very good service with a lot of options. Digital Candle is 10% but doesn''t let you do stuff like customize the order form, and I believe to add new products or change existing ones you have to email them. Keep in mind that when they charge more they usually also give more and same the other way around.
quote: Original post by GroZZleR
Hey all,

What sites / companies can you recommend to handle payment and give out products?

I''ve heard of RegNow.com, but thats the only one I know off-hand.

Also, do any of these sites allow you to integrate their payment collection with your site? So users aren''t redirected to another site and lost?

[edited by - GroZZleR on September 5, 2002 4:34:16 PM]

I use Kagi. And I am happy with them.
It used to be the cheapest one.
Now they get 10% of your sales with a minimun of $ 2.50
No sign up fee.

www.kagi.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement