🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Hows the industry looking right now?

Started by
0 comments, last by skilzygw 21 years, 9 months ago
I was just wondering how the industry is holding up these days? The IT field in NYC atleast is attrocius. There is a hiring freeze going on. couple of questions.. 1) Is NYC a good place to live for an aspiring game programmer? 2) If not where is the hotbed of jobs for game programming? 3) any companies exist in nyc/li area , im looking for an entry level job in the games industry maybe even a low level tester. 4) How are you guys faring in the industry anyone work for a major company? thanks! i hope this was an ok place to post this as i couldnt find a better place. thanks again.
Advertisement
Generally this sort of thing goes in the Business forum, since you''re really asking about the industry rather than the actual programming. So I''ll move it there now.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost | Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement