🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Comm. Viability of DX3?

Started by
2 comments, last by Iolo 21 years, 9 months ago
Just wondering what the potential viability is out there for the DX3 (NT4+) market. I''m in a small indie development company who''d just like to get started in the industry, doing a few titles per year. Our logic, was that we wanted to create some titles which are small enough (yet extremely enjoyable obviously *grin*), to play over lunch hours, etc..on the work machine. thanks!
Advertisement
My personal opinion is that most PCs in a corporate environment are now running Win2k... With NT being reserved for servers and such which will never be running games.

However there is also the fact that many businesses forbid downloading and use of ANY software unless authorised by someone in sysadmin/MIS/IT. Often you''ll find most machines have restricted permissions too (i.e. no writes to registry, no install etc).

--
Simon O''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

S1-CA just described Boeing to a T
That''s true, I didn''t think of that. Thanks S1CA. I guess we''ll go back to the drawing board and find another common denominator for games not requiring the latest 3d graphics hardware..

Mucho appreciated!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement