🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

2 Shareware / indie questions

Started by
2 comments, last by razza 21 years, 9 months ago
These may have been asked before but anyway... Can anybody post some sales figures for there shareware games, per year, or whatever? What would an expected number of sales be for an indie SW developer promoting the game entirely by himself using free mediums? And secondly, how practical do you think it would be to spend some time making SW games when still at school? (I am at a British college, I thinks that high school in the US) Has anybody done this? Is it practical to juggle this and school? Many thanks in advance, Paul [edited by - razza on September 29, 2002 3:28:15 PM]
Advertisement
anybody?
Sorry, I have no numbers for you, but I don''t suspect anyone would be able to give you numbers. They could range from zero to 10''s of thousands or even much higher. It depends on a lot of factors, including the quality of your game, targeting a viable market, and putting the appropriate marketing effort behind the game.

Ron Frazier
Kronos Software
www.kronos-software.com
Miko & Molly - Taking Puzzle Games to A Whole New Dimension
Ron FrazierKronos Softwarewww.kronos-software.comMiko & Molly - Taking Puzzle Games to A Whole New Dimension
To answer your second question it is possible to juggle the two, provided you stay focused and don''t let the school work slide. The MD of the adventure game company Revolution Software used to write games while at Uni. This was back in the 80s so they were the equivalent of simple shareware games today and not super tripple A million dollar titles.

Dan Marchant
Obscure Productions
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement