🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Regarding Your Game Website

Started by
2 comments, last by Johny25 21 years, 9 months ago
Ok, so lets say I''m working on a game. I don''t have DreamWeaver or anything much else to create a concise website. Anyone offer a few leads; Where I can find a cheap website creator. Also I don''t know where to put it (A cheaper host that allows for a commercial website). I need a forum, but where to find a forum that I can place on my ''commercial'' website? Would that forum require a lot of coding? Or would it simply be a ''link''? My website promotes my game, but I need to do it legally. Any pointers? Jon S jonsebox@teleport.com
Jon S,jonsebox28@hotmail.com
Advertisement
What is your budget for Web Designing??? I can help you with it. Also tell me how many pages would you like to have.

Harish Save
www.harishsave.com
Harish Savewww. H A R I S H S A V E . COM
1) Learn HTML and use notepad. Thats the cheapest way to make the website.
2) Brinkster is a free web host that allows for commercial websites (theres tons of them out there, most have a bandwidth limit though).
3)forums can be found for free, Bravenet is an example (there are better ones out there but cost money for the license).
4)domain name, if you want one you can get that for about $10.00 a year from sites like godaddy.com.

Basically just use google, theres tons of stuff out there.
There''s no such thing as an application that builds a nice looking website for you. Unfortunately, such a thing is impossible, because website design requires a creative eye and artistic talent.

As far as forum software, I would recommend YaBB SE or XMB(?). And there are programs that will let you more easily build a site, from FrontPage to Dreamweaver, but it sounds to me like what you really need is a designer.

PS - If you''re looking for a great hosting deal, including top-notch reliability, e-mail me, I know a guy who''s got connections.

Brian Lacy
Smoking Monkey Studios

Comments? Questions? Curious?
brian@smoking-monkey.org

"I create. Therefore I am."
---------------------------Brian Lacy"I create. Therefore I am."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement