🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Press releases

Started by
0 comments, last by Marsc 21 years, 9 months ago
Hello developers in bussines.... :-) I'm just visiting a site at www.softwaremarketingresources.com In one section they link to several sites that promise you to write a press release for you and send it to thousands of contacts. They charge about $150,00. I just want to know. Is it worth to pay $150,00 to send press releases. Honestly, my english is not good enought to write it my self. And off course I don't have thousand of contacts. So, I would be willing to invest some money if it is a serious thing. Actually, it is good to know that you never lose the money because my experience tells me that is impossible for a game to sale $0. And the new version I am developing is much better than the other that sold a little. Well.... Waiting for opinions. Thanks. [edited by - marsc on September 30, 2002 12:43:39 PM]
Advertisement
I''ve written press releases professionally, and still do offer the service to some clients. In my experience, $150 is very reasonable. Of course, it''s not enough to have a well-written press release. Your PR rep must have a channel of useful contacts (editors, marketing and PR people at other companies, etc.) that are going to get the word about your game ''out there''.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement