🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

sponsorship letter

Started by
2 comments, last by IFooBar 21 years, 8 months ago
Hello Ok now i''m living in a country where game development is basically non-existent, and to get things started we''ve made a group of game developers that could atleast get together. now about a week ago i though i was the only one in this country that wants to join the game industry, but after quite a bit of effort of gatheing info from different site (including gamedev ) i had a list of over 100 people, and i sent a mail to all of them telling them about gathering. now most of them have replied saying that they are intrested, and we now help each other out over emails, phone calls, and stuff. but we now want to find a place that we can use for get togethers. I wanted to get the software houses of this place intrested and have them let us use their property to conduct game development..err..''development''. So i need to write a letter telling them that they would be the first to give this industry a push in their country. they will get their company logo on a website (worldwide). now ive never written something like this and have really no idea where to start. What would make a company agree to something like this. what kind of letter should i send out to all the companies? any help would be much appreciated thanks "I know sometimes I ask stupid questions...but i mean well " [Triple Buffer-My home]|[SCRIPTaGAME]|[My Old Site]
[size=2]aliak.net
Advertisement
First tell me what kinda game u guys r gonna develope? Have you developed games before. If you are a starter then I''ll suggest you go on small projects (games) and for that you don''t need any help from a software company. You can work from your home. As you guys stay away from each other....you can distribute the work and can organize a schedule....say to meet every weekend in a perticular chat room and discuss about the work progress.

A software company will ask for more than just a logo on your site. So think twice before you do anything.

Best Of Luck.

Harish Save
www.harishsave.com

Harish Savewww. H A R I S H S A V E . COM
its not for actually making games. and the logo wont go on any personal site. it will go on an international site. and all that we would need is a place to meet once a month, we wont need money or anything, its just so that the game developers of the country could get together and interact with one another. maybe start independant projects together. all we''ll need is a hall and to use their equipment for maybe a presentation or two. you know the igda? have u heard of the igda chapter? well this is for what it is. we just need a meeting place nothing more

thanks for your reply

"I know sometimes I ask stupid questions...but i mean well "
[Triple Buffer-My home]|[SCRIPTaGAME]|[My Old Site]
[size=2]aliak.net
For the local chapters I''ve seen, they tend to meet in Universities, bars, or local individuals houses.

Allan
------------------------------ BOOMZAPTry our latest game, Jewels of Cleopatra

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement