🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Entire Game Production Process

Started by
2 comments, last by Nexus Maelstrom 21 years, 7 months ago
Hi guys. I''m a pretty hardcore unix geek. However, I somehow ended up in a Pop Culture class this semester at University. I was wondering if someone could help me out on a paper by giving me some links to articles about EVERYTHING it takes to create, market, and distribute a video game. If you know of any books on the subject, that would great too. Thanks fellas. w00t
Advertisement
Look around under gd.net''s resources section, the ''Dev Diaries'' by a few companies are worth reading, but you need a gamasutra account.

-ReK
Just head over to a Barnes and Nobles or other book store and check out the computer section...theres some books on start to finish on how a game is created, marketed, etc.

One I can personally say is Game Design, Secret of the Sages.

Ibuku
weaponstudios.com
simusoft.com
Just head over to a Barnes and Nobles or other book store and check out the computer section...theres some books on start to finish on how a game is created, marketed, etc.

One I can personally say is Game Design, Secret of the Sages.

Ibuku
weaponstudios.com
simusoft.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement