🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Information for buisness plan...

Started by
1 comment, last by SGreth 21 years, 7 months ago
Hello, Does anybody know of a good place to get inexpensive sales data about the gaming industry? Everywhere I look the data costs $3,000 or more! I need some sort of justification for my sales projections in my plan, and this data would help quite a bit! Thanks in advance, ~Rob
"The difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success."~Bruce Feirstein
Advertisement
Search high and wide. I watched all the big news publications for over a year. It seems to be becoming more vogue to do pieces on the game industry with SWG and TSO getting into the market. Recently the McDs and Intel buy in to TSO has made news and you usually get second hand data from those articles. Pay attention to anything that is remotely groundbreaking and could garner the attention of outside traditional media sources.

Kressilac
Derek Licciardi (Kressilac)Elysian Productions Inc.
Hey Rob et. al.,
Governments usually provide great information. Try the U.S. Department of Labor and the U.S. Commerce Department to start out with. You will need to spend some time but it will be worth it. Further, citing goverment sources is generally viewed as pretty legitimate, as opposed to private industry groups which can be "captured" by private market interests.

Good luck to you, Happy Thanksgiving.
Questions about my post? You can email me at ahill@loah.biz.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement