🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Marketing your "indie" game.

Started by
2 comments, last by The C modest god 21 years, 6 months ago
What marketing techniques do you suggest? Which marketing sites you recommend(like realone arcade) if at all? I would appreaciate your suggestions and your own personal experience on the subject. Thanks in advance.
It's all about the wheel.Never blindly trust technoligy.I love my internal organs.Real men don't shower.Quote: Original post by Toolmaker Quote: Original post by The C modest godHow is my improoved signature?It sucks, just like you.
Advertisement
A lot of successful indie developers use the shareware model to market their games. You can find a lot of great articles on and related to this at Dexterities Articles Section

I am affraid the shareware forumla will not work well for me. My game is above 60Mb.
It's all about the wheel.Never blindly trust technoligy.I love my internal organs.Real men don't shower.Quote: Original post by Toolmaker Quote: Original post by The C modest godHow is my improoved signature?It sucks, just like you.
In the broadband era, that may not be so much of a problem.

You could try compression, too. What format is your media in, .WAV and .BMP?

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement