🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Breaking into the biz

Started by
14 comments, last by Treize 24 years ago
I''ve been checking out xtreme games for a little while,and everyhting there seems to look good. So i was wondering does anyone on this board have any xtreme critism. Oh yeah does anyone know how much a regular game published by xtreme makes and a ball park figure on what the developer earns? Well well this is my sig ` Treize Khushrenada
Well well this is my sig` Treize Khushrenada,Come one, Come All join the SpaceBattles Alliance: http://sballiance.3dworlds.org/
Advertisement
I don''t think you''d want to spend your whole career their. But you got to do what you got to do. You''ll be a pioneer in the rock climbing genre
Xtreme Games LLC is pretty much there for _very_ early beginners who ultimately want to get on a bundle pack. If you have alittle more experience, and arent making an arcade clone, try other publishers like eGames.com, Crystal Interactive, etc.

Ive read that most ''budget ware'' games sell between 10,000-100,000 units, ranging in about $10,000-100,000 for the value developer. Personally, that is where I am heading. Doing budget games in the best way to break into the industry.

---------------
Ibuku
AmaDev
www.amadev.net
Thanks i just didnt want to start making a game sell it and then make 25 cents.

Well well this is my sig
` Treize Khushrenada
Well well this is my sig` Treize Khushrenada,Come one, Come All join the SpaceBattles Alliance: http://sballiance.3dworlds.org/
I''m currently working on an RPG. I was planning on sending it to crystal or egames when it''s completed. Although, do you think that they would be interested in an RPG game? I don''t see many games of that genre on their websites. Just curious....
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
You don''t will earn $100.000 with a budget game! That''s NONSENSE. Where did you read that????????

You will earn about 10% (different by publisher)of the price that the distributor bought the game from the publisher, then if you have a bundle of 50 games and you have one game on it. You calculate 1/50 and then multiply with the number of your games you have on the collection (that''s 1).

Let say 10% of $5= $0,50
1/50=0.02* $0,50= $0,01 per unit
0,01* number of sold units
$0.01 * let say 100.000 after one year= $1000

(there is a requirement about the number of the minimum sold units of the collection to break even)

Contact immediately a publisher and not an "agent" like Extreme Games for publishing your budget games. He will earn on your game only for signing some papers.
Dear Readers of this Forum,

My name is Alex de Vries and I''m the President and CEO of Crystal Interactive. We offer our developers a minimum royalty of $1 a copy sold (with a maximum of more of course) and we sell between 10.000 and 150.000 units of any budget title. Our interest goes out to a wide variety of games so RPG and adventure titles are welcome for review. We reply within 7 days of submission and we will make a quick decision about your game. Please feel free to contact me on: alexdv@nutridata.com or give me a call on: +31-(0)592-373634, or +31-(0)6-10764619 (Mobile). We''re there for our developers 24 hours a day.

Kind Regards,

Alex de Vries
President and CEO
Crystal Interactive LLC
"A Nutridata Company"
http://www.crystal-interactive.com
You guys work with eGames. So why should we work with you, when we could work directly with eGames?
You will earn half of the money only for signing some papers.

Dear Anonymous,

On the contrary, we do NOT work with eGames! Sure, they licensed a couple of light versions of our titles for their bundle packs but we are still publishing the full versions ourselves. I like eGames and they''re good colleagues, but in the end we''re battling them for shelf space in the stores.

We offer between 10% and 25% on the trade price of our products. So a $9.95 game has a $5 trade price. You, the programmer, get 25% of this $5. So how can we do that if we take a sub-licensing deal from eGames??? Please check your facts before you make accusations my friend, as there are far too many people in the world already who speak out before they know the full story.

I invite you to E-mail me on alexdv@nutridata.com and I''ll explain to you in detail how we work. We''re not game agents. We do occasionally sub-license a light version of a title for bundles or OEM sales. But that''s the same thing Activision, eGames, TLC, GT Interactive and Infogrames do.

Thanks and Regards,

Alex de Vries
http://www.crystal-interactive.com
I don''t offend you by the way, I am interested in the follow things.

In which countries distribute you the products exactly?
And the units of 10.000 and 150.000 are reached after a year?
Is there a pay in advance royalty''s?
Is the pay each month or quarter?
You sublicense eGames. You only need eGames for the retailers market, isn''t it better to work with the distributer Gt Interactive who have the access the the big retail chanes.
How much will a developer earn for a budget title mostly and when he get paid?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement