🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Online CV question

Started by
0 comments, last by Damocles 21 years, 5 months ago
Not sure if this is the right forum to ask in, but what the hell.... So I''m preparing my online CV so I have something to show prospective employers. I used to head up a small mod team, unfortunately the mod never managed to drum up enough supporters to complete it (the mod was a little too ambitious for the size of the game community). the question is, do I include this on my CV? I did a lot of work there in multiple fields, much of which I still have graphical representation of. I''m just not sure if it''s a good idea to show a mod that didn''t make it as it may reflect poorly on myself as mod leader.
------------------------------------------[New Delta Games] | [Sliders]
Advertisement
I''d say yes, but word it like "lead a team which worked on a mod...", rather than "created " or other verbs.

If you actually learned a lot, and this wasn''t just a quickie (<3month) project, then it''s experience you gained, regardless of how the product did.

In my last job, I spent about 1.5 years working on a web app that was finally dropped -- simply because they bought another company that was further along on a similar product. (probably because that company hired 50 people for it, and we had a team of 5, but...). Still, I learned a great deal about a number of technologies. This experience can still transfer to a new job.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement