🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

You dont need a million dollars ok?????

Started by
66 comments, last by cliffski 24 years ago
When I have a contract with your publishing company Crystal Interactive for a Doom style game, can I have also at the same time contracts with other publishers for other Doom style titles?
Advertisement
Whether it''s legal or not, wouldn''t you want to space out your titles a bit? Especially if they''re similar, wouldn''t you just be competing with yourself for shelf space and sales? You''d probably get more mileage out of the titles if they weren''t released at the same time. Just my $0.02, for whatever that''s worth.
Anonymous: Yes

Diragor: Good point. We try to balance our range of titles as best as possible and not push out 20 a week. It''s just that the budget segment is a dynamic market and that there has to be fresh product available all the time.

With regards to limiting our own shelf space you''re partly right. In normal retail the problem is very real. But our main sales come from racking programmes. We own the racks, and therefore WE determine what''s in there. And believe me these racks can carry a LOT of different titles.

Take care,

Alex de Vries
http://www.crystal-interactive.com
Dear Mr. de Vries,

In which countries are the retailers you mentioned: INTERTOYS, DIXONS, HMV , VOBIS, BART SMIT, FREE RECORD SHOP, KARTSTADT and GAME.

And what titles, the name please, are you selling to them?

Do you sell Dweebs for instance as a cd rom game to INTERTOYS?

With which publisher do you have a sublicense contract. I heard something about eGames and
Activision value collection. But who are the other publishers then?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,

Anonymous 1: It''s really tiring to list every single title which goes in every individual shop... But all of the games are going into every major retail chain in every country on every continent. The stores I mentioned are in the Benelux (Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg) since the guy who asked me about it wanted to know the sales channels for these specific territories. Game, HMV and Karstadt are in the U.K. and Germany, not in the Benelux by the way.

Dweebs is both a game and a soft toy. So yes, we are selling the soft toy bundled with the game into this retail chain.

Anonymous 2: Well, just eGames and Activision Value. We do not limit our strength by doing a lot of sub-licenses. It''s only for 50% versions of some of our minor titles. Purely for bundles.

Take care,

Alex
>In any case this racking programme of ours (50.000-150.000 >units + normal distribution (another 50.000+ units) and various >licenses and OEM deals to other publishing (mainly Asian) >companies result in a tremendous return in terms of volume.

I don''t understand this well? Could you explains this please.
What is an OEM deal?
Do you sell the game Starminer by the way on a jewel case?
Who are the other Asian publisher companies you have a sublicense deal with?
The games are published with the Crystal Interactive logo on it.
Do the developer have also the right to place his logo on the package of his game.
Elaborating on that question, assuming a stand-alone product (not on a collection CD) what part does the devloper play in the overall box art or CD jewel case cover (if there''s no box)? If not in your standard contract, could box art approval or at least contribution to the box art be negotiated?
Is there financial information about your company available?
Just like eGames have on there site.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement