🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How much you earn with shareware selling?

Started by
4 comments, last by denisnovak 21 years, 3 months ago
I just wonder, how much is anyone earned with selling some game over internet as shareware game? How many copies did you sell? Denis
Advertisement
I recommend you have a look at www.dexterity.com, their forums is valuable for info on shareware

2DNow - Yesteryears technology at your fingertips!
This question is becoming rather a touchy one.

The essence of this question is:

1. "Can you make money with shareware?" Answer: Yes, you can.

2. "Can you make a living with shareware?" Answer: Yes, you can.

The specifics aren''t necessary.

Before you ask this question again, ask yourself how *you* feel when someone asks you how much you make at your current job. It''s a question that makes most people very uncomfortable.

-David

DavidRM
Samu Games
I am sorry if this question is to bit personal. I apologize for this. I understud if someone feel to much uncomfortable, but that people could freely chose not to answer to my question.

About real question:

I know that is possible to make money with shareware. For living? I don''t know. Because of this reason I put that kind of question. I am realy interesting how much is possible to earn with selling shareware games (good looking, playable,..) as developer and not as reseller or distributor. It is easy to say "You can make a living with shareware". But in real life you must live with help of "money".

I stil thing, that most of people will be very interested to hear a real figures from selling - of course from those, who allready sold or still selling via Internet.

So - Who dare, wins!

Denis

This question has recently been posed on dexterity.com...
Drop in the forums for more info..

weaponstudios.com
I will look.

Thanks

Denis

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement