🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Making money on Screen Savers...

Started by
0 comments, last by baskuenen 24 years ago
Did anyone ever make a screensaver and make money with it? Today all companies need their own website. Why don''t they all need their own screensaver? It''ll make you look good at presentations, or simply distributing it via website orso makes good advertisement... Is there a demand for this? Can you make good money?
Advertisement
1) Take a look in a local software store for the types of screen-savers available and their prices range. Most tend to be either pretty 3D or tied into a licence(Like the Simpsons. Doh!).

I''ve never seen any specially "designed for a company" screen-saver. Most businesses are content to have the ordinary screen-savers because, most of the time, firms do not want their employees to staring blankly at a pretty screen(except in nuclear power plants. Doh!)

Creating one is still a good experience that might get you in the door with some people(More than another damned RPG. Doh!).

ZoomBoy
Developing a 2D RPG with skills, weapons, and adventure.
See my character editor, Tile editor, diary, 3D Art resources at
Check out my web-site

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement