🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

windows' windows

Started by
0 comments, last by Grey Phantom 24 years ago
Hi people. I''m first time here, so don''t hurt me hard if I found wrong place for my question. Sorry for this a bit messy subject. I''m wonder, how the heck to escape from Windows-like windows? I want to get a window with my own look (like they do it with winamp). I don''t want standard titles and buttons "min, max, close". I want to create my own look of an window. I need this for the game... I use MS Visual C++ 6.0 and the game is written with using MFC. Thanks a lot for reading it. best wishes, Grey P. ========================= Life is a bitch, and we are its kids.
best wishes, Grey P.=========================Life is a bitch, and we are its kids.
Advertisement
To create your own look you have to process the WM_NCPAINT and WM_NCHITTEST messages.
WM_NCPAINT -> draw the NonClient area
WM_NCHITTEST -> process the hittest info

i haven''t done this sort of thing myself, but you would have to at least process these two messages, and maybe some more.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement