🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Which publisher to choose...?

Started by
7 comments, last by Hase 23 years, 11 months ago
To my knowledge there aren´t too many publishers around who are willing to take small time products, shareware etc. Now if you have something you think is worth showing to other people, what do you do? Do you mail it to everyone and say yes to the first one to tell you they are willing to bunch it onto a $9.95 CD with about 300 other games? Do you really have a choice? And most important of all, how do I not get ripped off? Any publishers, should you read this, why should any develloper choose your company in favour of others? I´m aware that I probably won´t get rich, but what should I expect from a deal?
Advertisement
To add another element to Hase'' post - What kind of percentage should Hase (or me for that matter since I think I''m in the same boat) expect from a publisher''s net profits of a small time game?
And besides eGames what other publishers are around for this type of product?
If you guys/gals go back a few days, weeks, whatever in this forum you will find a bunch of info from Crystal Interactive CEO. Unfortunatly you will have to scan through a bunch of garbage that some paranoid posters through in but CEO goes into A LOT of detail about that sorta thing.

OME
Yeah, Here's a link to that discussion.

Edited by - Nazrix on June 27, 2000 6:16:34 PM
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
Thanks, i´m not quite sure what to think of it though....
Check out the thread, "www.garagedeveloper.com" on this forum. I made a whole list of what I think of different publishers, including crystal interactive, egames, expert, and some others.

------------------------------
Changing the face of adventure gaming...
Atypical Interactive
------------------------------Changing the future of adventure gaming...Atypical Interactive
Can anyone e-mail me a list of companies that distribute small games?
I have finished mine, and cannot find a developer...
Please contact me at
ubersetzung@mtu-net.ru
Who am I?
Check:
www.amadev.net

for links to budget publishers.

---------------
Ibuku
AmaDev
www.amadev.net
I didn''t find the link Ibuku.
Could you place it here?