🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Something...strange.

Started by
9 comments, last by Jester101 23 years, 11 months ago
Hmmmm. I don''t want to revoke the discussion about Crystal. But there are some points that are driving me crazy. 1. If Star Miner had 150.000 pre-orders as Alex claims, why isn''t it already out there as a stand-alone making 300.000$ for our friend Cliffsky? 2. If I try to order Star Miner from Crystals Website they link me to egames. WHY? 3. The website of Crystal is a piece of crap. No offense, but I wouldn''t order a game from this website. WHY? I don''t want to offense anyone, but I am sure Mr. DeVries if you are able to answer these questions, a lot of people who are thinking about publishing with your company would feel much better. I personally don''t believe in any conspiracy theories, but the points mentioned above are REALLY strange.

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

Advertisement
To be honest crystal is not a good publisher to work with.
How can you wait so long when there are so much pre orders as a publisher?
The retailers don''t get much trust in the publisher.
There are more questions by the way.
The site is not professional.

On the other hand Mr. DeVries looks like to be a really nice guy (if one looks at his postings here). And the other "Value" publishers out there are not that good looking either. The only two value publishers with a professional website seem to be egames and XTreme Games. I don''t like both companies.
It would really be great if Mr. DeVries could answer why StarMiner is not in stores after this long time, so that we don''t need to do any suppositions anymore.

As the same anomous person I agree with you.
If crystal could explain the whole thing I am reliefed.
eGames is by the way now in some financial problems, but they aren''t good for developers.
Xtreme games is a true strange company. There contract is not honest.
So those two publishers aren''t better.
BY the way most publisher are kind at first when you want to submit a product. But when it goes about the response, you don''t get an answer about the results.
Dear Readers,

1. Sorry, I must admit that our 150.000 pre-orders seem like a "right now" sort of deal but the bulk of this stuff is scheduled for a huge racking programme commencing in September/August. We simply haven''t filled the orders yet because the delivery date is being pushed forward and forward by the company ordering from us.

I can understand it seems misleading to some if we put it in a company presentation, so I will make sure this info will not feature in future versions of said document.

2. The on-line order mechanism is linked to eGames for Star Miner, Oxide and Dweebs because we licensed some 50% versions of these games to them for bundle packs. Need I explain further or do you understand why they also required to sell the full version on-line as an upgrade? I''m sick and tired of having to defend this lousy 3 game deal we did with eGames even before we were taken over!!!

3. I totally agree, but we''re not able to do anything about it until the domain is transferred to our new ISP. A company that will also design a new site for us. Old news again...!

Finally: We''re not going to go over this AGAIN please??? PLEASE??? Pretty please??? If you don''t like us/do not trust us then don''t do business with us. This goes for the other companies you slag off also. I know eGames and the others are basically competitors of ours and they pay merely parking money in royalties but in the end it''s YOUR choice. Don''t you people have anything better to do then moan and complain all daylong? Do something constructive... Write a game!

Take care,

Alex
Thx a lot for your fast answer Mr.DeVries. I knew that there must have been a good reason for all the questions I asked. I apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused to you, but (for my part) these questions were still open after the last discussion on this board.
Again I am very glad that you are on this board to answer our questions.

Dear Jester,

Your first point was indeed an unanswered question on my behalf. I am glad I could explain it to you and the other readers on this message board.

Sincerely,

Alex
You really deserve a great deal of thanks from us, Alex. You''re the only publisher with enough courage to come on a board and be repeatedly questioned about your business, and continue to answer the questions.

I understand the inquiries that everyone has, but we really should give the guy a break

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom." --William Blake
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
I expect that in most cases, it''s not the lack of courage but the lack of time that keeps most publishers (especially CEOs) from posting and answering questions on these boards.

$0.02

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement