🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

PC vs. Gameboy color

Started by
2 comments, last by kill 23 years, 10 months ago
Hi guys. I have an action puzzle game idea. The idea is original, and it''s pretty good(I think), but I don''t think it can make it on PCs(although I am developing it for a PC right now). Is it worth porting it to Gameboy Color, or is it a dead platform? Thanx.
Advertisement
No, it is not a dead platform. But you need very much money to made a game in game boy color. And you need some company to made the catridge.
So, is more easy to made in PC and ported into dreamcast, MAC, Linux, and more.
And made a game in catridge is very difficult because the size is very important.

pd :for a game market, the idea is for free, the design is the expensive.

-eng3d.softhome.net-
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
Hold on!

I know i saw a link from slashdot about home-made gameboy rom cartredges that work off of flash-rom. Apparently they actually hold about 3 times as much info as the usual gameboy cart. I don''t know the exact link, but search on slashdot for it. I think it was about a month or so ago. Check the quickies, too.

At any rate, that part''s not a big problem. There are also free and comercial gameboy compilers available, so that shouldn''t be a problem. The only big problem i see is that i THINK you have to get the go-ahead from Nintendo, which might be somewhat costly, or impossible. It''s worth looking into, though.

Good luck.

Crackpot Productions--
Senior Cracked Pot--
Benc
Crackpot Productions--Senior Cracked Pot--Benc
You guys better start thinking about GameBoy Advanced right now... ''cause GB color is gonna die =[
Mecha Engineer (Making Real Humanoid Suits)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement