🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Halo to XBox!?!? Die Microsoft!!

Started by
3 comments, last by WebSpyder 23 years, 10 months ago
Hey everybody, I heard that Microsoft bought out Bungie (gee what a surprise) and that now they are thinking of making Halo only on the XBox and not the PC. For those of you who don''t know about Halo, it''s a REALLY cool looking FPS based on a Ring world and has great graphics and gameplay (especially multiplayer!!). In short, how could you not have heard of Halo?? Can anyone give me some info or if not, coughing up some opinions on whether or not you think Halo should be PC only or at least both XBox and PC is fine. ****************************** "I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them" - Isaac Asimov Drew Sikora Napali Networks, Inc.
******************************"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them" - Isaac AsimovDrew SikoraNapali Networks, Inc.
Advertisement
"Die Microsoft"?
I''m pretty darn sure that my opinion is not going to make a difference, and Halo will be released on the platforms they want it to be released on. I don''t think Halo will make enough money on XBox, and chances are Halo alone will not make XBox popular, so I think they will release Halo on many platforms. But in any case, "die Microsoft, die" is just immaturity.
quote: But in any case, "die Microsoft, die" is just immaturity.

Sorry about that, I got a leetle carried away there, and I have to say that Halo could easily make XBox popular. You forget that Halo has not only great graphics and storyline, but Bungie is being most secretive about its multiplayer aspects. This game could take the XBox to the top on terms of console internet fame and blow Sega and PS2 away. Least I think so....

"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them"

- Isaac Asimov

Drew Sikora
Napali Networks, Inc.
******************************"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them" - Isaac AsimovDrew SikoraNapali Networks, Inc.
I think that the storyline of Halo sucks. Aliens again uh? Big humans in big armors uh? Boring.
I want Team Fortress II.

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

quote: Original post by Jester101

I think that the storyline of Halo sucks. Aliens again uh? Big humans in big armors uh? Boring.
I want Team Fortress II.

Hey, that has nothing to do with storyline. It''s not like you just run around and shoot lots of aliens with big humans in big armor with big guns. The storyline is the (linear?) path the game takes from beginning to end. If you were to rip on the storyline, you''d say that the way the missions are carried out or the cutscenes are handled sucks, not the elements used to carry it out. And I want Team Fortress II also, but that has nothing to do with this discussion.

"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them"

- Isaac Asimov

Drew Sikora
Napali Networks, Inc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement