🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Game Episodes/Chapters

Started by
-1 comments, last by WebSpyder 23 years, 10 months ago
Hey all, I was thinking about what I wanted to do for my first game, and I originally wanted to write this rather large adventure game. I started on the story, but dropped it as soon as I realized it would take too long, and went back to learning DirectX. But then I remembered reading about episodes in an article here about the GDC and how developers were talking about it. Has anyone tried developing a game where you release part of the game and while the player is beating that, gear up the next part for sale later on? I know that this will make the episodes cheap and easy to buy, but on the part of the developer, it requires dedication since just stopping production halfway through isn''t feasible (morally). Just a thought that popped in my head and I''m wondering if anyone has tried it yet. I''ve never seen a game like it so if anyone has... ****************************** "I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them" - Isaac Asimov Drew Sikora Napali Networks, Inc.
******************************"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them" - Isaac AsimovDrew SikoraNapali Networks, Inc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement