🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

synched modems

Started by
1 comment, last by Gaiiden 23 years, 9 months ago
hey, I''m trying to send data using two modems and WinSock2. The other end will also have two modems to receve the data. The problem is I don''t know how to control which modem the data goes out on. I want to stagger it like modem1, modem2, modem1, modem2, but I don''t know how to switch between the two. Any help?? Thanx in advance. ============================== \\// live long and prosper; \||/ die short and rot. ==============================

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Advertisement
I don''t think you can specify a modem, but Windows (98 and 2000) will actually let you bind multiple modem connections to the same location into one big pipe. It''s something you set up in either the modem or dial-up networking settings and the place you''re dialing has to support it, but if it does then it should all Just Work.
I know about that, It''s called Multilink PPP. However, it''s not what i''m doing. I need a way to access the modems through code so i can specify which line to use to send data.

==============================
\\// live long and prosper; \||/ die short and rot.
==============================

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement