🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What can I do with a Virtual Server?

Started by
10 comments, last by ColdFusionEntertainment 23 years, 7 months ago
Ah, I misunderstood your question...
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
Advertisement
You can use cjb.net to set your computer up as a server. Becaue the cjb.net addrerss will never change, you don''t need a static IP. I tun a webcam off my computer on a cable modem using CJB and a program they link to called CJB.Netter It will automatically update your cjb.net account with your current IP. I think the link is under Dynamic DNS. Just be sure when you set it up that it uses true DNS, not redirection, so that if you typed ping .cjb.net, it would resolve to your IP address.

Then, once you have that working, you can put your server app on your machine and point your client to .cjb.net

My Geekcode: "GCS d s: a14 C++$ P+(++) L+ E-- W+++$ K- w++(+++) O---- M-- Y-- PGP- t X
R- tv+ b++ DI+(+++) D- G e* h!"
Decode my geekcode!
Geekcode.com

Visit our web site:
Asylum Entertainment
My Geekcode: "GCS d s: a14 C++$ P+(++) L+ E-- W+++$ K- w++(+++) O---- M-- Y-- PGP- t XR- tv+ b++ DI+(+++) D- G e* h!"Decode my geekcode!Geekcode.com
Visit our web site:Asylum Entertainment

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement