🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Server trouble!!!!! Grrrrrrrr!!!

Started by
2 comments, last by mr_foo 23 years, 8 months ago
Hello, I made a client program and a server program. The server operates on port 4545. I tried the client out with my friend''s server (just a DOS program), and the client can connect, disconnect and transmit data fine. So - i tried connecting to my server and i can connect, but i cannot transfer data. My current program operates like this : CMySocket : public CAsyncSocket; this is just to override the virtual functions like : CMySocket::OnReceive() { char data[5024]; Receive(data,sizeof(data),0); } and then it displays it as a message box, just to avoid any MFC complication between classes at this point. so, my dialog class has a member variable of the CMySocket type, called serv or something. then, on initiation i''d do this : initiation { serv.Create(4545); serv.Bind(4545); serv.Listen(); serv.Accept(); } any help would be appreciated thanx -=brendan=- ------------------------------ Peace, love and Foo
------------------------------Peace, love and Foo
Advertisement
How much error checking do you do on the connection and transfer?
Something might be failing...

i''m new to csocket, and am mucking with streams, not datagrams as you are, but i don''t think you need to call the .accept method right after the listen, if its a blocking socket the program will hang on the listen or the accept, i forget which, until it does its job (no more msg''s or anything get processed by your program)

again i may be wrong, but i wouldn''t expect datagram sockets to need/call the accept or OnAccept function because no such pipe is created with them...
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Im not using datagram, im using the stream architechture. Anything else to add- anyone?

------------------------------
Peace, love and Foo
------------------------------Peace, love and Foo
dont forget to flush your socket input and output buffers every time you send a cluster of data, or the data won''t get fully sent I dont think.

just an idea......

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement