🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

need advice on SFX

Started by
2 comments, last by Hase 23 years, 8 months ago
this has also been posted in the audio section but for lack of replies i´ll put it here I''m involved in a little project (arcade), and i´m having some trouble finding soundFX. Not that I couldn´t get enough for the whole game but so far they would all be ripped off some other product. How can I get sound FX that are OK by copyright law (no, I can´t record them myself), and is it possible to "recycle" other sfx into something different and thereby not copyright protected? any advice would be appreciated
Advertisement
go to www.sounddogs.com, You have to pay for their sounds, but they are darned cheap, just a few dollars for example. It is well worth it, don''t rip off other peoples sounds, after all, they have made them from scratch at great cost.

http://www.positech.co.uk
Thanks, i wasn´t talking about ripping off someone elses work to sell it as my own, it´s just that for a one man show it´s really hard to get everything done properly.... and proper sfx are currently beyond the range of my resources. (200-500$ are a big investment, if there´s little or no return)

Edited by - Hase on October 9, 2000 5:43:16 AM
I would also check out iNOIZ.com for cheap sound effects. All of their stuff is license free and is cheap. They just launched but they have some pretty cool stuff. It''s good quality and cheap!
"..because finding the right content shouldn''t be its own project."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement