🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Not a missed packet or is it?

Started by
4 comments, last by nes8bit 23 years, 8 months ago
What happens is that I send out a packet and it ends up not showing up on the server til I send another packet. The packet that I sent doesn''t show though. I''ll show you a diagram This should be the flow Packet1 Packet2 Packet3 This is what happens {Nothing} Packet1 Packet2 {Packet3 waiting} I think it has something to do with reconnecting too fast. Any suggestions? --------------------------- No such thing as an innocent soul who lies to the world who he loves so much
Advertisement
Are you using MFC or no? er you''re using VB right?

Look for a .Flush command on the socket, they work a little like files, if you don''t flush (or close the file) it generally doesn''t happen right away.
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
By default, socket have zero size send buffer. It mean, that packets go to network immediatelly.
What does your packet structure look like? I could probably make a more educated guess knowing that.
I'm willing to put money on streamed connections from VB having a whole bunch of connection masturbation in them!

It would never work right if it sent every bit as you wrote it!
When you sent something a packet would get launched for every 4bytes you sent out!

If you were in a loop, sending 4bytes each loop, it would send a packet for each loop! at zero delay. Which is not what you want, loop loop loop.... flush packet sent OR if the packet fills up while looping a packet gets sent.

Nes8Bit
Did you say reconnecting?! why are you disconnecting?

Edited by - Magmai Kai Holmlor on October 14, 2000 1:42:22 PM
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Oh nevermind.

---------------------------
No such thing as an innocent soul who lies to the world who he loves so much

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement