🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Electronic publishing

Started by
-1 comments, last by fifty1 23 years, 7 months ago
First the good news: I've been toiling away for months and now I'm nearing completion of my first game. Even better, I'm getting some interest and have even been approached about an exclusive electronic publishing deal (ie downloading the game from a website). Before I enter into a deal, I want to be sure I understand possible complications. Some things I've come up with: 1. How to prevent piracy? For the CD version, I'll check that the CD is in the drive, but what can I do when the game is downloaded? (No CD). 2. How to verify the number of downloads from the publisher? 3. Anything else? If you have any experience with this sort of deal, or if you have some thoughts, please help me out. Right now I'm mostly worried about identifying issues -- I can get the solutions later. (This is for a curling game called Granite. If you're curious, my website is www.fifty1.com). Thanks. John Edited by - fifty1 on 11/6/00 4:40:01 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement