🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Network Engine

Started by
3 comments, last by West 23 years, 7 months ago
I''ve written a Network Engine and was wondering what other people would think about it. The URL is www.infernostudios.com/network/network.html Thanks
Advertisement
I have VB and have never used a network engine of any kind and have never used network code either, I have no idea of what sockets are or any the cryptic acronyms that it looks like I need to understand to program online code. Anyway, do you have a walkthrough or examples or anything of how to use your engine, so I might learn it?
Currently the only demo I have is in C++. Click Here
The engine was written as an overlay on winsock. I tried to hide a lot of stuff that made programming winsock difficult somtimes. Seeming as how you''re the first to ask for another language demo, VB is the winner. If you still want to try to use the network engine without the demo, I can answer any questions you might have. ICQ#51537061.

I''ll just wait till you''ve finished the demo, I trust that you''ll post back here when that has happened.
could you make a demo that doesnt use MFC ? MFC is bad for games. So seeing how is works under windows without using MFC would be good.

"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
themGames Productions

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement