🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Commercial Massive Multiplayer Game Engine?

Started by
2 comments, last by ohman 23 years, 7 months ago
Is there any such a thing (commercial product) available on the market now? Thanks!
Thanks for your help, my dear friends!
Advertisement
I believe that Turbine was talking about possibly selling rights to use the Asheron''s Call engine. Beyond that I don''t know. I doubt that Turbine would even concider selling it to you thought unless you had a serious, high quality, professional project set up and ready to go. They''re definitely going to want to protect their "brand name".

-Daedalus
DM's Rules:Rule #1: The DM is always right.Rule #2: If the DM is wrong, see rule #1.
quote: Original post by Daedalus

I believe that Turbine was talking about possibly selling rights to use the Asheron''s Call engine. Beyond that I don''t know. I doubt that Turbine would even concider selling it to you thought unless you had a serious, high quality, professional project set up and ready to go. They''re definitely going to want to protect their "brand name".

-Daedalus

Yes we do have a professional project going on here. What''s Trubine''s website? Did they release this news to public yet or it''s just rumors? thanks!
Thanks for your help, my dear friends!
I happen to play Asheron''s Call, so I know a bit about this . You can find Turbine''s website at http://www.turbinegames.com/. And I think they actually intend to license a new engine, not specifically the AC one, although based on it.

Good luck on your project!

Anthracks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement