🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Hit me baby . . . one more time . . . please!

Started by
1 comment, last by chris1962 23 years, 7 months ago
Hello everyone, Having just completed my first gaming project (Lost Enticer), and set up my first web site (www.SunAndGames.com) to promote it, I have a question for the group. Especially those of you who are promoting their own games on their own sites. After getting my web site set up on the web and feeling quite proud of myself, I quickly realized what a huge job I had in terms of generating traffic to my site. I did find a few suggestions for web promotions at different sites. One that I really liked was here: www.wilsonweb.com/articles/checklist.htm. I have managed to score about 121 hits for my site in less than it''s first week. Suprisingly enough, some of them seem to be generated by posings I''ve made to this and the xgames3d bulletin board. What I was wondering, is what kind of traffic have you other webmasters seen on your websites, and what kind of downloads do you think are necessary to generate some kind of revenue (at least enough to cover my development costs)? Of the 120 visitors I''ve had, only 11 have actually downloaded my game. Thanks, Chris In the mood for a little Fun & Games? Check out www.SunAndGames.com Home of Lost Enticer
Indie in training . . . www.GamesForSail.comMy life as a blogger . . . Blog Blog Blog . . . Blah Blah Blah
Advertisement
You may want to fix your sig ... the link opens up a new browser with a monster URL, which doesn''t work You''re missing the "http://" in the a href="" metatag. That will at least save people from having to correct the URL in the address/location bar!

MatrixCubed
http://www.MatrixCubed.org
Thanks MatrixCubed, didn''t realize my mistake. Should be corrected in this post.

Chris

In the mood for a little Fun & Games?
Check out www.SunAndGames.com
Home of Lost Enticer
Indie in training . . . www.GamesForSail.comMy life as a blogger . . . Blog Blog Blog . . . Blah Blah Blah

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement