🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Investment Questions

Started by
1 comment, last by Chai Peddler 23 years, 6 months ago
Hi all. I am considering seeking venture capital and/or other means of investment to fund my game. I expect my game to be completed within one year, perhaps by September 2001. I work 35 hours per week also, and would like to quit and work on my game full force and finish by April or May 2001 perhaps. This will be my first published game, though I suspect it is very big for a first. My questions: What have been your experiences with venture capital and other means of investment? Do you recommend it? Are there any game publishing/marketing companies, like Andre'' LaMothe''s Xtreme Games, that would fund a game developer, either in one lump sum or with monthly payments, in exchange for a percentage of profits? Any other suggestions or thoughts? Thankyou very much!
Advertisement
Andre''s a joke. He only does budget games and he wont
get you a dime to develop your games. He will happily
take most of your profits though. What a guy!
How the japanese do it.

Konami and Monex set up a mutual fund to attract investors interested in funding the next installment of the popular dating game series Tokimeki Memorial. The fund is said to have attracted thousands of investors and over 7 million US dollars.

This is of course an extreme example, as Konami is a venerable institution and the Tokimemo series is regarded as essentially bulletproof.

$0.02

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement