🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Company names and LOGOS

Started by
0 comments, last by AynRand 23 years, 6 months ago
I was just wondering where I could obtain a list of company names, so my name doesn''t copy any one else''s. Can two different companies have similar names? For example, say my game co.''s name was "Pooper scooper technologies", and some pet products company was named the smae, could we share names? If by mistake I did have another companies name, would I get a warning before a suit...? please help...thanks --------------------------------------- "I am 17 and on medicare..."
Advertisement
When you incorporate your company you will be asked for a preferred company name and an alternate name. The state will then check whether or not there are any other companies with the same or very similar company names. Remember, this only applies to the state in which you''re incorporating. You wouldn''t have any problems with a company in a different state with the same name, unless they are registered nationally or internationally (which is possible somehow).

hope that this was helpful.

Thank you,
Alexander McAndrew
mcanda@pcgamesforyou.com
http://www.pcgamesforyou.com
--------------------Help Needed!Turn-based 20th century strategy wargameTitle still to be determined

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement