🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Multiplayer Game Programming Book Contest

Started by
6 comments, last by LostLogic 23 years, 6 months ago
I have posted information about a contest for my yet to be released book on network game programming. You can read all about it at http://www.lostlogic.com/contest.shtml. All you have to do is write a simple multiplayer game that utilizes DirectX 8 and Visual C++ 6.0 to participate. The chosen winner will have their biography included in my up and coming multiplayer game programming book and will also receive a free copy of the book. The contest ends on April 5th, 2001. Happy Holidays! webmaster@lostlogic.com "Products for Developers"

LostLogicwww.GamerOutfit.comXBox 360 Community Games Reviews and NewsExisled - 2D/3D Shooter for XBox 360

Advertisement
Damn, I want that book!

I probably wont submit anything for your contest, but I can sure tell you now I will defeanately be buying it. I just wish it was out now.

Possibility
Great! I hope you enjoy it.

webmaster@lostlogic.com

LostLogicwww.GamerOutfit.comXBox 360 Community Games Reviews and NewsExisled - 2D/3D Shooter for XBox 360

Forgive my cyinism, but why don''t you do it?
You have written a book on network game programming after all...
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Im afraid I don''t understand what you are asking?

If you are implying that I am not writing my own demos for the CD then you are incorrect in your assumption. I am including several working multiplayer programs of varying levels with the CD. Within those programs are two completely working games. One which is for small-scale gameplay. The other game demonstrates MMORPG architecture.

This opportunity I present is to help get diverse content on the CD and hopefully some notoriety for an unknown developer out there.

LostLogic

When you''re finished, please make a VB version too
There are no good multiplayer books for VB...

Almar
Hehe, I guess I would need to learn VB then.

Ah, i misunderstood... maybe my game will be in a respectable condition by april.

PS. I think there''s a good reason why there''s no good multiplayer books for VB :p (j/k)
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement