🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Microsoft Games Publishing

Started by
9 comments, last by Davaris 23 years, 5 months ago
Hi I''m looking for the site where Microsoft takes submissions for games. Is there one?
"I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity."George W. Bush
Advertisement
Uhhh... honestly, I don''t think there is one. You might want to try e-mailing them.
---All you base are belong to us !
I don''t believe there is one. If you are interested in developing for Microsoft themselves, try e-mailing an "info" address (like maybe info@microsoft.com). Good luck

Charles Galyon
Charles GalyonPresidentNeoPong Software, Inc.
quote: Original post by Davaris

Hi I''m looking for the site where Microsoft takes submissions for games. Is there one?

Not a site per se. Usually, to have M$ publish your games requires one thing: proven success and a new game that will kick ass.

E.g. FASA, Digital Anvil, Bungie.

MSN
Look on their site for an e-mail of contact, then email them to ask some contact about the publishing of games, the contact that contact heh

It is unlikely Microsoft will even reply since it''s very unusual for them to publish games where there is no hype on it on the web/magazines..... Bungie was getting attention from just about any community so Microsoft tried to grab it and did.
It's good to be an outcast, you don't need to explain what you do, you just do it and say you don't belong there.
Hey they published Close Combat and that was awful.
They also published Age of Empires. I think Ensemble
Studios was relatively unknown before that. Correct me if I''m
wrong though. They also published Warlords 3 which is cool
but a pretty low tech game. Those are the reasons why I''m hoping have a chance with them.
"I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity."George W. Bush
yeah, but they knew Age of Empires would kick ass

==============================
"Need more eeenput..."
- #5, "Short Circuit"
Blade Edge Software
==============================

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Sorry, did someone just say Close Combat was "awful"?

If you''re looking for Unreal Tournament or any action/twitch-based game, Close Combat probably isn''t for you; but that''s okay since it wasn''t made for you. It''s a historically based wargame made for wargamers. I''m sure it''s won a bunch of awards and is up to the 5th game in the series so some people certainly must like it.

I know this doesn''t really have anything to do with the topic but when has that ever stopped someone from posting...
Hi Davaris,

What you need to do is send a letter requesting Microsoft''s standard NDA. Please take their mailing address from their website and put it attention to Mr. Chris James. He''s the guy in charge of new product acquisitions. At least he was a few years back

Then after you''ve received, signed and returned the NDA you need to send in your product for review. Mind you, it will take a while until they have reviewed it.

Take care,

Alex
quote: Original post by msn12b

Not a site per se. Usually, to have M$ publish your games requires one thing: proven success and a new game that will kick ass.

that''s two things...
[email=ehremo@hotmail.com][/email]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement