🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My book is finally available for pre-order!

Started by
31 comments, last by LostLogic 22 years, 12 months ago
Hey guys, I have been real busy working on my book and I think it has most of the features people requested on this forum (and others.) Please check it out! I am happy to announce that my book on Multi-Player Game Programming is now available for PRE-ORDER at Amazon.com! Just follow this link to pre-order it: Pre-Order Now! Some features of the book: 1. Sockets programming 2. Client-Server models 3. Peer-to-Peer models 4. Windows programming 5. Direct 3D via Direct X 8.0 6. Direct Audio & Direct Input via Direct X 8.0 7. Direct Play via Direct X 8.0 8. MMORPG client-server programming 9. Two complete games, one is action based, the other is MMORPG based 10. Full source code on the CD that comes with the book It is part of Prima''s series on Game Development. All books in the series are edited by Andre'' LaMothe. Thanks! LostLogic www.lostlogic.com webmaster@lostlogic.com

LostLogicwww.GamerOutfit.comXBox 360 Community Games Reviews and NewsExisled - 2D/3D Shooter for XBox 360

Advertisement
grr too bad i won''t be able to get the book just for the MMORPG code before a week and a half but sounds great!
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!!
Sounds like that book is going to be worth getting to me. I will wait for reader reviews before buying though (not that I don''t trust you or anything, but I don''t have too much money at the moment).
Heh, they put André''s name on the cover much larger than yours, well I guess it sells copies to have someone the public knows on there . I''ll probably get a copy in the future, but I''m broke right now, still trying to upgrade my hardware .

"Finger to spiritual emptiness underlying everything." -- How a C manual referred to a "pointer to void." --Things People Said
Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!
http://www.gdarchive.net/druidgames/
even though it''s not coming out till June and i should have my netcode done by then i might still get this since it''s the only book that describes winsock for games and plus i may be able to optomize my code with it. Sounds really cool thanks LostLogic for writing it.
Sounds great, i go preorder it right away
I assume you are not Andrew but that other guy Todd. j0

I would buy it just for the multiplayer / online stuff. Its pretty cheap too; not $60 like every other programming book out there
Yeah, I''m not Andre''.

Thanks for the support guys! Hopefully it will sell enough for me to write a follow-up.

LostLogicwww.GamerOutfit.comXBox 360 Community Games Reviews and NewsExisled - 2D/3D Shooter for XBox 360

Well it should sell well if you think about that there is no book out there on Netcode for games!
Well, I hope to make up for the lack of network code books with this book as the first of many.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement