🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Sticky thread for Absences / Holidays, etc.

Started by
4 comments, last by stimarco 17 years, 2 months ago
A useful thread to have, so I'll start the ball rolling... I'll be out of the country from 15-DEC-2006 until 08-JAN-2006. During this period I will have have minimal internet access and probably won't get a chance to post. Anyway, I wish everyone both a Merry Christmas and Merry Xmas -- two for the price of one! -- to all who believe in that sort of thing. And a Happy New Year if that applies to you also. EDIT I'm now back in Blighty. I'll leave this post up so the thread doesn't get deleted. Feel free to trash this post if you have your own leave of absence to announce. [Edited by - stimarco on January 8, 2007 7:34:10 PM]
Sean Timarco Baggaley (Est. 1971.)Warning: May contain bollocks.
Advertisement
I'm finally back from holydays! Happy new year to everyone (and let's resume the job)!
FYI: I've just sold all my computer gear on Ebay, so I can afford to upgrade (and down-size) my set-up. I'm unlikely to be able to do more than hit-and-run moderation on News Discussion while I'm between computers.

I'll update when I've got my own computer again.

EDIT: I now have a shiny, new 24" iMac. Given my current track record, this probably means Apple will release a really gorgeous new model to make mine completely obsolete within the month.

[Edited by - stimarco on March 20, 2007 6:55:31 PM]
I'm not sure I'll be able to do any kind of valuable job from March the 24th to April the 2nd - if you read my journal, I'll be in Los Angeles at this time (BTW; if any of you is near LA, maybe we can arrange some meeting).

I'll have my laptop, and hopefully I'll have an internet connection at the hotel, but I may be a bit tired.
Quote: Original post by Emmanuel Deloget
I'm not sure I'll be able to do any kind of valuable job from March the 24th to April the 2nd - if you read my journal, I'll be in Los Angeles at this time (BTW; if any of you is near LA, maybe we can arrange some meeting).

I'll have my laptop, and hopefully I'll have an internet connection at the hotel, but I may be a bit tired.

I have no hugely pressing engagements, so I'll firefight the News Discussions forum. I'm not really in a position to do much random research and news-hunting though, but I'll keep my eye open. (The recent flood of news from the GDC will probably dry up anyway.)

Regards,

I've got an unexpected faecal matter / ventilator interface situation in my personal life, so I regret I'll be only sporadically online for a while. No idea when all this will be sorted. (I'll be in and out of the country and I'm also going to be tied up with the family business for a bit.)

I'll try and look over the news stuff at least once a week, but I can't make any guarantees.

Apologies.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement