🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Test/Game server

Started by
1 comment, last by StarGamer_Nick 23 years, 3 months ago
I''ve been surfing the web for a while and I''ve been looking for a server on which I could perform test of my DX 8.0a server program and test my client. I''ve find only a few sites but those are pay site and until the game is fully functional I would rather not pay just to perform some test. I''m also curious about finding out if DX 8.0 server application has to specifically run on a Windows NT interface or if it could also work very well on Windows 98 or Windows 95. And if it does I wonder if it''s necessary to use a server or could any kind of computer connected to the internet could do the trick if it was powerful enough and had a very high speed connection. Nick
Advertisement
The server app can run on 95/98. You _might_ have to install DCOM98 before you can enumerate sessions (for the Peer object, if you use any.). Atleast I needed to do this for DIrectPlay8 for VB.

In the SDK you''ll find a link somewhere directly to the file.
Thanks for the info.

BTW, have you notice that there''s some of the method used by the VB version of DirectX 8.0 which differs than their version for C++ or VC ? I find that a little odd since it forced the developpers to use certain language if the want to use a some interface.

Nick

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement